Hey I’m Jodie and I thought I would do a blog post about who I am and what I like.
I live in Camberley with Karl my husband, he is a carpenter and we have 2 daughters, Willow and Oakley. We have 2 crazy cats and a nutty chihuahua. I did hypnobirthing during my labour with Willow and I had a positive and empowering birth. During my maternity leave I didn’t want to go back to my full time office job, so I decided to train to be a hypnobirthing and mindful breastfeeding teacher, I love supporting people and I’m hoping to train to become a doula. I choose the The Little Birth Company because I heard lots of positive things about them and a few friends recommended them. Since I started with them, they have been so supportive and I really like their community.
Things about me:
- I am passionate about anything birth, babies and empowering parents.
- I really love being a parent, it’s exhausting and hard work but I love it.
- Karl and I went backpacking in 2011 for a year and now travelling is under our skin, we just love exploring and learning about new cultures.
- I love the coast and Cornwall is such a special place for me.
- We enjoy camping, we have just got a caravan and are in the process of renovating it @daisy_the_caravan
- I love photography, I’ve done a few courses but just do it as a hobby. @jodiegladish
- Upcycling – As Karl is a carpenter, I love coming up with ideas of things he can make.
- Non chemical/vegan products, I make my own cleaning products and beauty products.
- Anything that is environmentally friendly, my daughter is in cloth nappies, they are so pretty and easy to use.
- I love a good festival, or baby rave, did you know Fabric nightclub in London do baby raves!
- Music, Drum n Bass, Alternative, Rock, Indie, Electro, and so much more, I’m a bit obsessed with music, pre kids we use to go to a lot of gigs.
- I’m a very social person, I love having BBQs, garden movie nights and parties, for my 30th we hired a bouncy castle, yes we’re that cool lol.
- My mum died of lung cancer when my Willow was 6 months old, I helped care for my mum during her last weeks, it was really hard, but I’m so glad my mum got to meet Willow. I miss her so much.
- I’m obsessed with peanut butter and jam toasties.
- I studied fashion at college, I don’t use this in my job but I love making things for friends, family and now for our caravan.
- I volunteer for ageUK, I visit an elderly lady, we drink tea and talk about her adventures and her art.
- I donated breastmilk to NICU at St Peters for 6 months, I found pumping hard work and I cried a few times when I spilt the milk.
- I’m soooooo emotional, I cry at anything and it’s got worse since having kids.
- I couldn’t live without a sling for my girls! Best thing invented ever!!!
- I love drinking tea, I would very happily go to the pub and order a pot of tea, I’m a weirdo I know.
- I laugh when people hurt themselves, sorry not sorry!
- I swear a lot, well not as much as my husband but still a lot.
Well that’s me and what I like, drop me a message if you would like to know more and I can’t wait to get to know you.